THE AUTHOR THE STORY THE CHARACTERS THE LINKIES THE CREATORS
Saturday, June 6, 2009 ~ 5:17 AM
Chapter 3 - Where do we go from here?


"Mayor Oscar, I demand an explanation right now!"


the boy yelled firmly, banging his fist onto the desk. His eyebrows were narrowed as he glared at the short, chubby man in front of him. The fat guy was actually the town's mayor, even though he looked like someone out of a kid's cartoon. He had brown hair, that balded in the middle and a ridiculously huge mustache. He sank down in his seat as he bore a nervous smile, sweating and trembling at the fury of the boy that stood before him.


I, on the other hand, just sat in my chair blankly, too tired and confused to say anything



After that, cough, little incident, we were pretty much shouting at each other comically, as if we were mad, headless chickens or something. Then, we regained our common sense and decided that it was best to get to the bottom of this and go visit the Mayor, who was in charge of mostly everything, including property.


This was so weird... the farm's weird, the tiny little Mayor's weird...


My life's officially weird.


I think I just can't get over the fact that I got traumatized by a semi-naked boy.


Mayor Oscar coughed, shifting his roud specs a bit, trying to avoid the gaze of what's-his-name.



"Erm, well, I sorta... can explain."


"You better!" he warned and the Mayor cringed again.



"Ah, well, why don't you take a seat and calm down, my boy?" the short man guestured to the chair beside me.



The boy rolled his eyes and sat down reluctantly with a huff. He crossed his arms and waited for an explanation.


"Ermmm.... so, you're Juliet Williams, am I correct?" the little man asked, looking straight at me. I nodded in response and he a frown emerged on his chubby face



"I knew this would happen eventually," I could hear him mumble under his breath.


I raised an eyebrow and he cleared his throat.



"Ahem, well, I should probably get this down clear... Erm well, you see, it so happens that both of you," He paused you look at both of us for a breif moment and continued again, "Have both purchased the farm. However, indivisually."



"So, we both paid for the farm?" I opened my mouth for the first time and asked, tilting my head slightly.



"But who owns the farm? We can't possibly both own it! I never saw this person in my life!" the boy outbursted, pointing at me.


"And how the hell did we ended up buying the same farm?" I added, ignoring the boy's rudeness.



"I havn't finished yet," Mayor Oscar said, raising his gloved hand. "You see... Errr... well, it is kinda my fault you both got into this situation..." He began guiltily, look down and kicking his legs out like a child. "Actually, Matthew--"





"IT'S MATT."




"Erm, right. Actually, Matt," he pointed to the boy, "bought the farm first." He then pointed to me with his other finger. "But then, A highclass lady and businessman who came to town about a few days later, saw the farm and wanted to buy it. I didn't really have the heart to reject them... or their handsome amount of money, which was at least thrice the amount of what Matthew paid. So... ermm... yeah."


The boy, who I assume was named Matthew, or Matt, or Mattie, or whatever, stared at him in disbelif. I stared too.


"SO YOU JUST TOOK BOTH OF OUR MONEY WITHOUT THINKING?!" Matt and I screamed at him, nearly bursting a vein. We stood up and leaned in forward, making him shrink back into his chair.


"..Yes..." He squeaked in a small voice.


NOW, I was mad!


"How could you do that!!"


"I can't believe you!!"


".. Well, it was a lot of money.." Oscar said reluctantly, twidling his thumbs, half afraid that we would both pummel him to death at any second.


This little man was REALLY testing my paitience!


"So, what are you gonna do about it, buddy?" Matt gritted his teeth in frustration. "Knowing you, I doubt you can return either of us the money, cos' you already spent it!!"


"Ha-ha... about that..." He laughed nervously, signalling that it was true.


"Ermm... well, I could always save up and return either of you the money... but one of you will have to leave..."


Both of us looked at him and back away, thinking about this.


I... could go back? To New York?


I thought about it hard, rocking my brain. I could, couldn't I? This was the perfect reason to not move. I could go back to how I used to live. In the busy city, partying the day and night away.



But... was that really what I wanted, I thought, shutting my eyes.


Suddenly, I remembered the first time I saw this sweet little town. How it managed to lift off the burden off my shoulders and kill off all my stress just by being here. I remembered how happy I was, thinking that I could start afresh. How nice it would be start again in a new town where no one knew my name...



No. I'm not moving. I want to stay in Mayflower Town.



"I'm not moving," I said, but to my astonishment, the boy said the excat same thing at the same time!


So he wants to stay too?


I looked at him and he looked back.


Our faces said the same thing; 'I'm not backing down.'


"Err... hmm.. Oh dear. Hmm... Matt did pay for the farm first... then again, Juliet paid more... Then... there is ONE solution." Oscar muttered, scratching his face. He crossed his short legs and clasped his hands together.


"You two could share the farm!"


"...Say whut?"


"Think about it! Two people = half of the farm work!! Also, since it's my mistake, I'll make sure you two get a horse, FOC!! (Free of charge)"


I thought about it... Hmm... Half of the farm work... sounds tempting...

But do I really wanna living with this weird dude for who-knows-how-long??

He seemed to be a bit rash and for god's sake, HE SLEEPS IN HIS UNDERWEAR.

I glanced over at him and he seemed to be thinking too.

Finally, he said, "Can you really get us a horse?"

Mayor Oscar shrugged, his mustache twitching. "I could try."

Matt grinned, "Sweet!"

Oscar looked over at me and I shrugged. Then, I grinned.


"But you have to pay for all of our electricity and water bills." I said, the evil grin on my face. "As long as we live here."


"W-what?!" The mayor gasped in horror.


"Hey, because of YOU, I HAD TO SEE SOMEONE IN HIS BIRTHDAY SUITE. I COULD'VE BEEN SCARRED FOR LIFE IF IT WASN'T FOR THAT ONE SINGLE PIECE OF CLOTHING!" I whined dramatically, putting the back of my hand onto my forehead, pretending to be on the verge of fainting. "And.... there's the fact that what you did was a crime.... We could always, ALWAYS go to the police to settle this matter..."


"Hey!!" Matt looked offended as he glared at my dramatic bluff with his bright blue eyes slightly. "What do you mean, 'scarred for life'?!"


"So, go, or no go?" I asked, returning back to normal status in a blink of an eye.



Oscar heaved a sigh, his mustache seemed to droop in defeat along with his shoulders.



"Fine..."


"WHOO! I rock!" I cheered, swinging my hands in the air, walking out the door of the Mayor's cottage, AKA, his office.


I feel rather high right now... I think it's an after effect of sleep for more than five hours on a ship. While standing up.


"So, I guess you'll be living with me then..." I looked over at the person next to me. He stood next to me, hands behind his head. He looked at me as if I had an octopus dancing on my head, but I ignored him and his imagination.


"Yes, yes, Matthew."

His left eyebrow twitched and he turned to me, slowly, like a rusted robot.

"Don't.Call.Me.Matthew." He said hotly, as if on the verge of exploding.

I realised that he had some weird problem with being called Matthew. I grinned cheekily as I chimed innocently, "Why not, Matthew? That is your name, right? Matthew, Matthew, Matthew~!"

He twitched some more, and he looked as if he was on the verge of attacking.

"Ooooh, are you gonna jump at me? I'm so scared~!" I sang in pretend fright, laughing at how annoyed he was.

It was actually kinda cute.

Suddenly, he smirked, and rolled his bright blue eyes, putting his hands back to the back of his head. "Whatever, JU-LIE~" he sang back in the same tone, walking off in a random direction.

"What Julie?! Hey, don't leave me here!!" I darted off in the same way he was going, trying to catch up with that cheeky little brat.

He stuck out his tongue at me, and I glared, a pout on my lips.

I take back that 'cute' part.

"Idiot... I was only playing, you don't have to get all huffy. If you don't like 'Matthew', I'll call you 'Mattie!'"

"...What the hell? MATTIE?! Sounds like something you'd call a hamster or something!!"

"I think it sounds cute."

"Well, I think it sounds horrible."

"Sure.... Well... what do you want to do now?" I asked.

"Slack." He answered in one word.

"... I can see how the farm got to that condition." I said, now seeing the light.

"Hey! It was already like that when I got here, okay! Don't judge me until you know me. Which, of course you don't."

"Right.... well, is there a convince store anywhere? Maybe we could get some stuff to help in our work."

He rubbed his chin in thought. "Yeah. There's one just down this path."

"Great!" I chirped happily, skipping forward. "Well, let's get to it, Mattie!" I strained his nickname on purpose.

He cringed, rolled his eyes and followed suit, replying,

"Right back at you, Julie."






By Post:
Chapter 2 - A New Life And Mistakes?
Chapter 1 - Letter: I'm moving WHERE?!
The Prologue

By Month:
October 2008
June 2009