THE AUTHOR THE STORY THE CHARACTERS THE LINKIES THE CREATORS
Saturday, October 25, 2008 ~ 1:07 AM
Chapter 1 - Letter: I'm moving WHERE?!

My head was spinning and I could hardly keep my eyelids from closing. The heavy stench of alcohol was all over my clothes, staining my skin. I didn't care, as long as it numbed the pain. I stumbled towards a nearby lamp post for support as I felt vomit threatening to burst out of my throat.

"Hey, miss, are you okay?" a deep voice asked as hands reached out for me.

"S-SCREW OFF!" I yelled, my own voice slurring. I slapped the hands away harshly as I swayed to the side, nearly falling over.
I could feel his stares on me as I stomped off blindly in a random direction. The guy probably wondered what he did wrong to tick me off so badly. Well, it wasn't his fault. He couldn't help being born the same gender as that bastard.
An image of him popped up again and I cringed, gritting my teeth together. Shit! After all that alcohol I consumed to just forget about him too!

"GET OUT!" I screamed, shaking my head frantically, my already messy Blond hair flying into my face. I didn't care that I probably looked like someone who just escaped from the nearest mental hospital. Neither did I give a damn that it was staring to drizzle.
The cold water droplets plopping down on me irritated me even more. My tantrum attracted stares from a girl and boy passing by. Through my blurred vision, I could see them sharing an umbrella over their heads, looking snug and cosy as they held hands together.
Lovebirds. Disgusting.

"What are you looking at?!" I hissed fiercely and they scurried away in fright and confusion. In reality, I was way more frightened and confused then they were.

Amazingly, I managed to find my way back to my apartment, where I slammed open the door and headed straight for my welcoming bed. I fell onto the sheets, burying my face into them.

I felt horrible. So miserable, so restless, so heartbroken... so used.

I could feel my eyes watering up but I held back my tears as I gripped onto my blanket tighter.

No, I refuse to cry for him.
He wasn't worth it... he was never worth it... I was so stupid to believe we would be together forever. What did I expect from him? That he was some prince charming from a fairytale book?

I couldn't believe that I was such an idiot to fall for such a slime ball...

I hate his voice, his eyes, his smile, his face, his everything!

I hate him.
I hate him.
I HATE HIM.

Another frustrated scream erupted from me and I couldn't take it anymore; the tears started to stream down my cheeks like mini waterfalls and I hiccuped, wiping my eyes with my sleeve.
Does God hate me that much...?

I just sat there on my bed for a good half hour, letting it all out.
I wiped the last tear with the back of my hand and sniffed, feeling much better.

I stood up, making my way to the bathroom. The white light flicked and bathed the tiled room in a bright glow.
Standing in front of the sink, I splashed the water onto my face. I looked up into the circular mirror in front of me and came face to face with a very messed-up girl. There were already bags under my sore red eyes and even my nose was a light pink colour. My hair looked like a rain forest, as if I never brushed it for a whole week. It wasn't much of a mystery why everyone was staring at me earlier. I looked like I just got run down by a train.

I grabbed the brush laying on the sink and gave my hair a good combing.
I couldn't help but wonder why he went and did such a thing to me.
Did I deserve to be punished in such a cruel way? To have my heart ripped from my chest and stomped on? Was I that bad of a person?

I flicked on the radio and plopped back onto my bed, the tunes calming me down a little. I felt so much better than I did a little while ago.
So stupid. I felt like the love-sick female lead in a Korean drama who just got dumped by her true love.

But I guess that wouldn't be that bad if he had just dumped me... he had the guts to do much worse than that.

I flopped over onto my stomach and exhaled deeply. My gaze wandered to my nearby desk and I stared at the papers scattered untidily on it. A yellow envelope caught my eye and I wondered why I couldn't remember seeing it before.

I got up lazily and went over to the wooden desk. I scooped up the envelope with my fingers and scanned the address written on it. I was slightly surprised to find that it was from my parents.

My parents were living in another country, far away from New York City, where I currently live in. I could not even guess where they were, maybe in Paris or China or something.. I just knew that it was far away. It was all because of their jobs as Businessmen. At first I was dead lonely without them, but I guess I learnt to live life without them, though, they still pay my monthly rent. But besides money, what else could they possibly send me a letter for?

I sat down onto my bed, tore open the yellow paper and fished out the letter inside.

I began to read it.

Dear Juliet,

How are you doing sweetie? Are you eating well? Brushing your teeth regularly? Mummy and Daddy are currently in India to attend a very important meeting.

Before we flew to India, we were visiting a small town called 'Mayflower Town' near the countryside.

We were impressed at the nature there, it was truly a beautiful sight to hold, unlike New York, which is pretty much hustle and bustle all the time.
You're probably wondering why we sent you a letter telling you about our little trip and why does it concern you.
Well, darling, I'm actually quite excited to say that it does involve you a whole lot. While in Mayflower Town, we discovered this very charming farm that was up for sale! And the price wasn't bad either! You can plant crops... take of animals... and meet lots of country folk! Doesn't that sound refreshing?

Mummy and Daddy thought that it was such a good idea for someone such as you to live on the farm that we purchased it before we went off for India. And the farm is now yours, and only yours. (Plus, we don't have to send you rent money every month!)

We know this might come as a shock to you, but believe me, we are very serious about this. We want you to gain some lessons in life.
Juliet honey, I don't know what reaction you might have when you read this letter, but negative or positive, you don't really have much of a choice in this matter.

There's a ticket inside the envelope for a ferry that leaves on Friday at 1:30 in the afternoon! I suggest you better pack your stuff as quickly as possible and get everything ready for your big moving day!
Love ya lots, sweetie!

-Hugs and kisses, Mummy and Daddy xoxoxox

As I read it silently, I grew from blank to surprised to shocked to horrified.... then to blank again.

This... this must be a joke right?

I shook the envelope in my right hand and a ferry ticket fell out onto my lap.

That was when I realized that they were serious.
I groaned loudly and fell backwards onto my back again, squeezing my eyes shut.

I already had enough problems to deal with! Why must my parents go ahead and make things worst?

And who does that? Moving their daughter to a farm in a place she's never been to before? That's just strange and uncommon and maybe a tad bit unrealistic. What a crazy thing to do.

I didn't know what to think about this new found problem. I didn't have much of a life here anyway, to begin with. I worked at a small coffee house that was tucked in a small corner of town and I didn't have many friends. Also, right now, I didn't have much of a love life either.

On the bright side, I thought, at least I won't get to see his stupid face again.

Maybe this was supposed to happen after all... Being forced to move to a strange place after getting my heart broken in order to save my sanity.

I guess God's got my life pretty much planned out.

I crumpled the ferry ticket that I had in my hand and laid my head down on my fluffy pillow, eventually falling into a dreamless sleep.


By Post:
The Prologue

By Month:
October 2008
June 2009